[OS X TeX] Aquamacs, AucTeX, and preview-latex

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Nov 28 23:39:47 CET 2005

Am 28.11.2005 um 15:09 schrieb Herbert Schulz:

> Now, how do I make it the default mode? That would be my principle use
> for emacs.

	(require 'tex-site)

and

	(add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook 'turn-on-reftex)   ; with AUCTeX LaTeX mode
	(add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook '(lambda () (TeX-fold-mode 1)))

> I must admit that the incantations necessary to get things to load,
> etc., in emacs has been a great turn off for me. I don't mind learning
> something new (we all had the learning curve for (La)TeX) but it
> really feels like magic things have to be done to get emacs to work.

The usual practice is to read README files or such. AFAIR the most
useful information is most times found quite fast.

--
Greetings

   Pete                                           0
                                            %-/\_//
                                             (*)(*)