[OS X TeX] i-installer and autotrace

Stephen Moye stephenmoye at cox.net
Mon Jul 4 14:38:44 CEST 2005

On Jul 4, 2005, at 8:01 AM, Gerben Wierda wrote:

> On Jul 4, 2005, at 12:08, Stephen Moye wrote:
>

>> On Jul 4, 2005, at 3:47 AM, Gerben Wierda wrote:
>>

>>> Did you not get a warning on freetype not being available when
>>> installing autotrace?
>>>
>>> Anyway, installing freetype should fix this.

>> Yes, freetype2 was installed, and, no, i-Installer had no
>> complaints when I installed autotrace. I looked in /usr/local/lib
>> and libfreetype6.dylib is indeed not there but there are these files:
>>
>> -rwxr-xr-x   1 root  admin  1821780 Dec 31  2004 /usr/local/lib/
>> libfreetype.6.3.7.dylib
>> lrwxrwxrwx   1 root  admin       23 Jul  4 05:58 /usr/local/lib/
>> libfreetype.6.dylib -> libfreetype.6.3.7.dylib
>>
>> The closeness of the names prompts me to ask if there is a problem
>> here.
>>

> I would suggest running a repair privileges on your system and
> reboot. From this info, the installation seems correct but this is
> typically the kind of behaviour you get when the privileges are not
> OK.

I've been repairing privileges a lot lately, but ran it again,
rebooted -- and got the same error. I uninstalled freetype2 and
autotrace and reinstalled -- got the same error.

Later --

I've been looking at a G4 powerbook on which autotrace does work. In /
usr/local/lib there *is* a file ibfreetype6.dylib which is missing in
the G5 desktop that is having the problem. Also missing is
ibfreetype6.3.4.dylib. Grasping at straws -- is there a problem with
i-installer and G5/Tiger?

SGM

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>