[OS X TeX] Link to sections inside external files (hyperref, hyper-xr)

Guido Mocken mocken at physik.uni-freiburg.de
Tue Jun 29 13:32:51 CEST 2004

I am trying to create hyperlinks in a pdftex-produced PDF file, that
point to certain sections within another one.

The document being linked to contains:
\label{mytarget}
\hypertarget{myothertarget}

The code for the one containing the hyperlinks is:

\usepackage{xr-hyper}
\usepackage{hyperref}
\externaldocument[myfile,]{myfilename}
\ref{myfile,mytarget}{my link}
\href{myfilename#myothertarget}{my other link}
\hyperref{myfilename}{section}{2}{yet another link}

All three methods work only up to a point: When I click the link, the
file myfilename.pdf is opened in AcrobatReader, but no jump to the
linked section is performed.
Besides that, the first document is closed after the second is opened.
How can I avoid that from happening?

Update:

While I was writing this,  I noticed that everything works perfectly
when I use Acrobat Reader 5.1 instead of 6.0! Is this a bug, or some
preference setting in v6.0 that I have overlooked?

	Guido