[OS X TeX] Cannot open Ghostscript for piped input! (and PATH)

Lawrence Paulson lp15 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Dec 3 10:52:04 CET 2004

That was it: my PATH did not include /usr/local/bin. Thanks!

That opens another TeX-related mystery: my ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist
defines my PATH by

and my .bashrc augments it using

and (for Fink)

. /sw/bin/init.sh

but the resulting PATH is

In particular, I have no idea how
/usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current ended up on my path.
I even tried

	grep powerpc-apple-darwin-current -r .

from my home directory but found nothing plausible.

Anybody have any idea?

Larry Paulson