[l2h] L2h and ArabTeX

Ross Moore ross@ics.mq.edu.au
Sun, 27 Oct 2002 09:03:08 +1100 (EST)

> Hi LaTeX2HTML users,
> I have LaTeX2HTML version 2002-2-1 (1.7) running under win98 with MikTeX
> installation. Everything runs ok, except for files containing ArabTeX

Yes; no-one has written the required Perl support for macros
defined in ArabTeX.

> macro packages. I receive the following warning message:
>
> No implementation found for style `arabtex'
> couldn't convert character amacr into available encodings
>
>   ...set $ACCENT_IMAGES  to get an image
> couldn't convert character hbdot into available encodings

By setting $ACCENT_IMAGES = 'textrm'; then you should get an
attempt to make an image of the  'h with dot below' character,
if this is really what you want -- but I suspect not.

Does your file contain a transliteration of the arabic script,
or macros resulting from use of a pre-processor ?

If the latter, then the best that LaTeX2HTML could do is to make
images of those portions which are to be arabic scripts.
If the former, then it is much harder; LaTeX2HTML would need to
be programmed to run the pre-processor, before making images.

The programming for this has yet to be done.

> There is somebody who had the same problem in the list but I don't seem
> to find any answer about his request.
> http://www.tug.org/pipermail/latex2html/2001-February/000980.html

Yes; I remember the question.
The answer is the same. It needs someone familiar with ArabTeX
and arabic scripts to help do the work and do much testing.