[l2h] How do I use an EPS in PDF and HTML?

Herman Bruyninckx Herman Bruyninckx <herman.bruyninckx@mech.kuleuven.ac.be>
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 23:34:47 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:

>  >
>  > \usepackage[pdftex]{graphicx}
>  >
>  > \usepackage[dvips]{graphicx}
>
>   Is there a way to get things to work with both pdftex and dvips
> without changing the document?  I want to be able to use both without
> changing the document.

Just don't use these options :-) And if you say

\includegraphics{myfile}

(i.e., without specifying the .eps or .pdf suffix) your pdflatex or
dvips will automatically insert the appropriate format (provided you
have both myfile.eps and myfile.pdf in your TeX search path!)

[...]
>   That said, I still plan on moving away from LaTeX as a source format
> in the medium term.
[...]
> But as the resulting set of documentation grows further and the
> number of contributors goes up, it gets difficult for the editor to
> keep up with all the ways they can break the markup.

Then DocBook is a good option! It is less complex than LaTeX, and
copes with the problem you mention: all Linux documentation (on
linuxdoc.org) is now standardized on DocBook!

--
Herman.Bruyninckx@mech.kuleuven.ac.be
 <http://www.mech.kuleuven.ac.be/~bruyninc/>