[l2h] integration of eps

Ross Moore ross@ics.mq.edu.au
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 19:34:24 +1000 (EST)

> Dear All
> I want to convert my thesis but I face several problems with the pictures.
> I integrated eps files only and I get the following error messages for each
> picture:
>
> Error: Cannot read 'img24.png': Can't find file or directory
> Converting image #45
> pstoimg: Error: "/usr/bin/pnmcrop -verbose  < /tmp/l2h3913/p4333.pnm | /usr/bin/pnmcrop -verbose  -bot -black  | /usr/bin/pnmcrop -verbose  -edge -black   > /tm
                                           ^^^^^^
This is wrong.

There is a 1-character typo in  pstoimg.pin  and the  pstoimg that it generates.

<       $croparg = "-edge$PNMBLACK ";
---
>       $croparg = "-$edge$PNMBLACK ";

Sorry; that was a slip-up in the recent edits to  pstoimg
that allow it to use recent  Netpbm  versions effectively.

Your installation of LaTeX2HTML must be *very* new, to be using this already.

It's fixed at the repository now, so hopefully no-one else will be affected.

> I'd like to try changing the setting of TEXINPUTS but I don't know how.
> Maybe someone can give me advice. If anybody has an idea to solve my problem with
> the figures, it would be great to tell me about.

Fix the above first, then tell me how you want to use  TEXINPUTS
and/or $TEXINPUTS  ---  these are different variables.