[l2h] Minor installation problem (2K.1beta)

Ross Moore ross@ics.mq.edu.au
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 06:57:31 +1100 (EST)

> Just trying out 2k.1beta. I edited prefs.pm, including the value of
> $prefs{'ICONPATH'}
>
> I ran configure and make and expected this change to be reflected in the
> value of $ICONSERVER in the generated l2hconf.pm, but it wasn't. This
> appears to me to be a bug.

No.
ICONPATH and ICONSERVER are completely independent bits of information.

ICONSERVER is the http path to be used for absolute links to icons
from within your HTML pages.

ICONPATH is the location in your local file-system where the icons
are stored, from which copies are made when you process a job using
 -local_icons .

Neither is deducible from the other.