[Fontinst] fontname

Dr. Clea F. Rees cfrees at imapmail.org
Mon Jul 12 22:19:37 CEST 2010

This isn't strictly a fontinst issue, but hopefully close enough.

How should fonts (vf/tfm in this case) for numerators and denominators
be named? I'm trying to set up a font with a many sets of numbers:
lining, oldstyle, inferior, superior, denominator, numerator
In addition to the numbers, these sets contain some additional
characters you might be expected to use with them (parentheses, basic
punctuation etc.).

For various reasons, I need to use the Karl Berry fontname scheme or
other things will not work, so long names are not really an option. Is
there any standard approach for this?

Thanks,
cfr