[Fontinst] avoiding spaces in fd files

Dr. Clea F. Rees cfrees at imapmail.org
Fri May 28 00:13:15 CEST 2010

This is not a big deal but I wondered if there is a way of avoiding the
problem. If I use the following command:
\installfamily{T1}{xyz}{\hyphenchar\font=\m at ne}
or:
\installfamily{T1}{xyz}{\hyphenchar\font=45}
fontinst introduces spaces into the fd files. That is, it will write
something like:
\DeclareFontFamily{T1}{clmd}{\hyphenchar \font = 45}
rather than:
\DeclareFontFamily{T1}{clmd}{\hyphenchar\font=45}
This is bad because pdfTeX, at least, does not like the spaces so the
files have to be hand-edited (or sed-edited, at least) afterwards.

Is this a known problem? Is there a good way around it?

Thanks,
cfr