[Fontinst] Christmas font installation

cfrees at imapmail.org cfrees at imapmail.org
Sat Dec 13 03:30:29 CET 2008

On Fri 12th Dec, 2008 at 17:53, walt burkhard seems to have written:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to install the Monotype Christmas fonts (chra/mpi007 etc.)
> but have had no success.   I have followed the steps of Fulko van
> Westrenen
> (July 2007) www.umantec.nl/fontinst through the name changing step. The
> fontinst step doesn't seem to produce anything useful.
>
> Does this installation process work with these non-alphabetic fonts?

When I view "convert.tex" I get a blank page so it is hard to say but
it may well not.

If the fonts are (1) symbol fonts and (2) type 1, try the instructions
in 'The Font Installation Guide' for symbol fonts (linked from the
instructions you were using). That will likely work better.

If (1) but not (2) you need to adapt the strategy because pdftex cannot
use truetype fonts except via virtual fonts (as far as I can figure
out, anyway).

- cfr