[Fontinst] How to combine just one extra letter from another font

Stephen Hartke hartke at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 18:28:44 CEST 2007

On 6/9/07, na199 at gmx.de <na199 at gmx.de> wrote:

> As known, the letter "v" in Times in math looks very similar to the greek
> "\nu"
> and both letters appear quite often.
>
> Therefore the idea is to replace the replace the "v" with the rounded
> version
> from the NewCenturySchoolbook typeface (I found nothing better) - but not
> in
> the upright fonts, only italics.

Have you considered the rounded v in Belleek or txfonts?  Both have rounded
v's for use in italic mathematics.  You can see samples in the math font
survey at:
http://ctan.tug.org/tex-archive/info/Free_Math_Font_Survey/
I believe the commercial MathTime fonts also have a rounded v.  The
advantage of using these packages is that the files for using the fonts in
TeX/LaTeX have already been created.