[Fontinst] License of the fontinst documentation

Frank Küster frank at kuesterei.ch
Fri Mar 3 19:33:00 CET 2006

Ulrik Vieth <ulrik.vieth at arcor.de> wrote:

> Please let me know, if you need and further statement of clarification
> regarding the licensing isseue.

Regarding the pdf files see my other mail.  But the files in the
doc/encspecs/ and examples directories, and most importantly the manual
does not contain any license statement, just the authors/Copyright
lines.  Therefore from a legal point of view nobody is even allowed to
distribute them.

I suggest to add a file COPYING along with fontinst/README that lists
all files in the distribution and says something like

,----
| All files in the fontinst distribution may be used, modified and
| distributed according to the terms of the LPPL, either version
| <whatyouchoose> or later, or the version indicated in the individual
| files.
`----

Thanks in advance, Frank
--