[Fontinst] recordtransforms lehmann

Ralf Stubner ralf.stubner at physik.uni-erlangen.de
Mon Oct 24 17:49:49 CEST 2005

On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 14:13 +0200, Lars Hellström wrote:
> At 13.43 +0200 2005-10-22, Wenger-Lehrmittel at t-online.de wrote:
> >Since many days I try to install a font in Latex on Linux (Suse).
>
> [snip]
>
> >(./frbr8a.afm)
> >Runaway argument?
> >32; WX 270; N space; B 0 0 0 0; \end_of_line \afm_line C 33; WX 269; \ETC.
> >! File ended while scanning use of \afm-C.
> ><inserted text>
> >                 \par
>
> The problem here seems to be that the character code (32) isn't followed by
> a space, which confuses fontinst's AFM parser.

The OP has meanwhile sent me the AFM file off list. Problem exists for
all characters in the AFM file and all ';'

> I'll have to check the AFM
> specs to be sure, but since I haven't ever seen this problem before it
> appears likely that this space is mandatory, in which case your AFM file is
> malformed. Replacing all semicolons with space+semicolon should render it
> readable.

I think you are correct. At least that's how I interpret section '3
Parsing Details' of the AFM specs: Names, numbers, integers, and
booleans are terminated by white space characters. And all examples in
the AFM specs look like this:

32 ; WX 270 ; N space ; B 0 0 0 0 ;

cheerio
ralf