[Fontinst] recordtransforms lehmann

Lars Hellström lars.hellstrom at residenset.net
Mon Oct 24 14:13:50 CEST 2005

At 13.43 +0200 2005-10-22, Wenger-Lehrmittel at t-online.de wrote:
>Since many days I try to install a font in Latex on Linux (Suse).

[snip]

>(./frbr8a.afm)
>Runaway argument?
>32; WX 270; N space; B 0 0 0 0; \end_of_line \afm_line C 33; WX 269; \ETC.
>! File ended while scanning use of \afm-C.
><inserted text>
>                 \par

The problem here seems to be that the character code (32) isn't followed by
a space, which confuses fontinst's AFM parser. I'll have to check the AFM
specs to be sure, but since I haven't ever seen this problem before it
appears likely that this space is mandatory, in which case your AFM file is
malformed. Replacing all semicolons with space+semicolon should render it
readable.