[Fontinst] Re: scala sans

Ingo Reich ireich at mac.com
Thu Jun 23 17:53:27 CEST 2005

Am 23.06.2005 um 12:11 schrieb Michael Zedler:

>>> How about http://www.ps.uni-sb.de/~kuhlmann/blog/?p=7
>>>

>> thanks a lot for the hint, but if it is not too time-consuming I
>> like  to have (the illusion of) full control. For example, there
>> is no  slanted font in the package you mentioned (which I however
>> like to  use within math mode); and without the installation file,
>> there is no  way kern the font, if necessary.
>>

> How about contacting the author for his fontinst script - or do you
> like to reinvent the wheel? ;-)

O.K., O.K. – point to you :-) Though it's not exactly like
reinventing the wheel, is it?

> Math and scala sans - quis, quid? What do you need slanted versions
> for?

Being a linguist, I like to use a slanted version of the text font
for variables, constants etc. in math mode (semantics), and real
italics (if available) for highlighting objects of the language under
investigation.

> And which symbol and greek font do you want to use with it???

Whichever fits best. Currently, I  am using a scaled version of
Lucida New Math. I can recommend mathfont.sty for that matter, at
least if you don't want to build a virtual math font (which,
honestly, is *much* closer to reinventing the wheel ;-)

Grüße, Ingo