[Fontinst] letterspacing with fontinst

Lars Hellström Lars.Hellstrom at math.umu.se
Sun May 15 19:26:32 CEST 2005

At 18.02 +0200 2005-05-15, Ingo Reich wrote:
>Hi everybody,
>I've got a font that is set a little bit too narrow (in my opinion).
>Playing a little bit around with sout.sty, I found out that the font in
>question (Foundry Sans) looks much better if the letterspacing is
>increased by 0.015em. Now my question is: Does anybody know a simple
>way to increase letterspacing with fontinst?

Have you tried

  \setint{letterspacing}{15}

? (There are some technical points regarding multiple-letter-glyphs which
require you do set a few more parameters[*], but the above should let you
see the difference.)

Lars Hellström

[*] List subscribers may recall a previous discussion on this matter. After
some consideration, I have now reached the conclusion that it is indeed
more natural to consider letterspacing a metric parameter, so in the future
it should be sufficient to set only letterspacing.