[Fontinst] Using unencoded glyphs with fontinst

Lars Engebretsen enge at nada.kth.se
Thu Feb 10 22:48:57 CET 2005

Greetings fontinst experts,

I have been trying to use some unencoded glyphs in a Type 1 font
with fontinst. It seems, that using \reencodefont does not work,
since it only re-encodes the glyphs that are present in the
default encoding of the font.

Concretely, I am trying to produce all-caps versions of
some of the latin modern fonts. To this end, it seems to
be easiest to work the T1-reencoded version of the Type 1
fonts involved. So I tried the following:

\transformfont{cork-lmssbx10}{\reencodefont{t1}{\fromafm{lmssbx10}}}

The re-encoded font lacks several glyphs that are present, but not
assigned slots in lmssbx.afm. Am I missing something obvious here?

    /Lars Engebretsen