[Fontinst] Re: Bug in fontinstversion{1.927}

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Jan 27 22:05:03 CET 2005

It's no problem for me to write that I do not understand (now or in
future) what you wrote, it's a bit too far away from my experience and
my understanding. Isn't this statement doing the translation I
mentioned before:

	\ifisglyph{afii61352}\then              \setglyph{numero}
\glyph{afii61352}{1000} \endsetglyph \Fi

If there is an "u" take it for an "x." Or am I wrong again? In German
'errare masculinum est' sounds very comfortable. At least to me.

Am 27.01.2005 um 19:35 schrieb Lars Hellström:

> It could well be that ttf2pt1 is a bit of a Platonic cave-dweller in
> this
> respect; I don't know for sure as I don't know what it does in detail.

ttf2pt is instructed from statements like these:

	=01     U+0393  GREEK CAPITAL LETTER GAMMA
	=02     U+0394  GREEK CAPITAL LETTER DELTA
	=03     U+0398  GREEK CAPITAL LETTER THETA

It excerpts (and re-writes) the programme for the glyph at the
specified Unicode position and when assembling the new font puts it
into slot #<from column 1>. The corresponding AFM file reports this,
plus the measures of the box into which glyph fits.

To access the TrueType font it uses libfreetype. The output is kind of
PFA type (with the help of libpstoedit?). t1asm is used to create the
real PFA or PFB file.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Behold the warranty ... the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh
away.