[Fontinst] Re: Bug in fontinstversion{1.927}

Lars Hellström Lars.Hellstrom at math.umu.se
Wed Jan 26 23:02:01 CET 2005

At 22.23 +0100 2005-01-26, Peter Dyballa wrote:
>Am 26.01.2005 um 20:34 schrieb Lars Hellström:
>
>> The various ties should be U+0361 (COMBINING DOUBLE INVERTED BREVE).
>
>I thought of CHARACTER TIE at U+2040 ...

Oh! It could be. One has to check the character properties to be sure, and
I'm too sleepy for that now.

>Is there no re-usable fontinst <-> Unicode mapping? I have the feeling
>of changing mine every two weeks ...

It is glyphs on one side and characters on the other. These are not the
same. Hence every such mapping is made with some intent, and one certainly
cannot expect maps to be reusable if the intent varies.