[Fontinst] assembling joint OML encoded font

Lars Hellström Lars.Hellstrom at math.umu.se
Wed Jan 12 15:03:44 CET 2005

At 00.28 +0100 2005-01-12, Michael Zedler wrote:
>Hello Lars,
>
>Thanks for your quick answer, I can successfully read in the pl files.
>Now I run into another error. The files are again on
>http://www.hft.ei.tum.de/mz/test_fontinst.zip.
[snip]
>I'm using fontinst 1.927. Apart from this error, is my approach correct?

Yes, but you tend to use commands out of their proper context.

>\relax
>\input fontinst.sty
>\fromplgivenetx{test--base}{mn-oml}

\fromplgivenetx is a <transformed font> command, and as such only supposed
to be used in the second argument of a \transformfont command. It should
work for you here, but there is no guarantee that it would work with future
fontinst versions.

>\fromplgivenetx{test--lcdfj}{mn-dotlessj}
>\fromplgivenetx{MnSymbolF10}{mn-F10}
>
>\transformfont{test-Cn}{\xscalefont{850}{\fromplgivenetx{test--base}{mn-integra
>l}}}
>\installfont{test}{test--base,unsetj,test--lcdfj,unsetint,test-Cn scaled
>1100,mn-omlint}{mn-oml}{OML}{test}{m}{n}{}

Similarly \installfont is an <install command>, and may only occur inside a
\installfonts ... \endinstallfonts block. This is what causes the error you
get.

A cleaner way to do the above would be:

\input fontinst.sty

\transformfont{test-Cn}{
  \xscalefont{850}{\fromplgivenetx{test--base}{mn-integral}}
}

\installfonts
  \installfont{test}{%
     test--base encoding mn-oml,%
     unsetj,%
     test--lcdfj encoding mn-dotlessj,%
     unsetint,%
     test-Cn scaled 1100,%
     mn-omlint%
  }{mn-oml}% Any reason why this is not the standard oml?
  {OML}{test}{m}{n}{}
    % You might want to check whether the 'n' shape is the default
    % shape for OML fonts. I've got a hunch it isn't.
\endinstallfonts
\bye