[Fontinst] assembling joint OML encoded font

Michael Zedler Michael.Zedler at tum.de
Tue Jan 11 00:14:13 CET 2005

Hello,

I've got three pl files I'd like to merge together into a joint OML
encoded font (and perhaps afterwards add kerning info for latin-greek
character combinations)
   - one pl containing a dotlessj only (test--lcdfj.pl)
   - one pl containing e.g. a circle (MnSymbolF10.pl)
   - one pl containing the rest of the OML encoding, including an
integral glyph (test--base.pl and a_f63k33.enc)
All files can be downloaded from
http://www.hft.ei.tum.de/mz/test_fontinst.zip (just 7k)

Apart from putting the dotlessj into slot 0x7C, compound glyphs like
e.g. a \oiint shall be constructed:
   1) take the integral glyph (0x80) from test--base.pl, scale it
differently in x- and y-direction
   2) put two of these scaled glyphs next to each other and a circle
from test--lcdfj.pl (0x78) on top
   3) set the italics correction and glyph with for the integral index
position
   3) save this compound glyph in a free slot.

Well, that's the plan, but my journey struggles early:

\fromplgivenetx{test--base}{mn-oml} gives me
=============
) (mn-oml.etx) (test--base.pl

! PL-to-MTX error:
         Nondefault unit used in PL file.

Type  H <return>  for immediate help.
\generic_error ...turn> \space for immediate help}
                                                   \endgroup
\DESIGNUNITS ...rics for this font will be wrong.}
                                                   \fi \out_line
{\string \se...
l.5 (DESIGNUNITS R 1000.0)"

What do I have to do with test--lcdfj and MnSymbolF10? I suppose etx
files need to be generated. For the lcdfj one, do I have to generate 105
empty slots first? With dummy names? For MnSymbolF10, what do I need to do?

Thanks in advance,
Michael
--
Dipl.-Ing. Michael Zedler
Lehrstuhl für Hochfrequenztechnik, TU München
mail: Michael.Zedler at tum.de