[Fontinst] Problem with ambiguity Lira/afii08941

Lars Hellström Lars.Hellstrom at math.umu.se
Thu Dec 30 17:18:25 CET 2004

At 15.56 +0100 04-12-30, Peter Dyballa wrote:
>Hello!
>
>I'm trying to install the Lucida fonts that come with Java in TeX. I
>think my last problem in the text section is with TS1: some font files
>have the name Lira and some have the name afii08941 for the same glyph
>at Unicode position 20A4, that Sterling with two strokes. How can I
>make fontinst recognize both names and put that glyph into the TS1
>variants?

The handling of e.g. Ng and Eng in latin.mtx shows how to do this. As a
one-off command in an \installfont command, you can write

  \installfont{...}{...,\metrics
      \ifisglyph{afii08941}\then
        \setglyph{lira}
          \glyph{afii08941}{1000}
          \setleftrightkerning{lira}{afii08941}{1000}
        \endsetglyph
      \Fi
  ,textcomp}{ts1}...

It needs to be done before textcomp.mtx is read, because that file does
\unfakable{lira}.