[Fontinst] Simple question about \xscalefont{}{}

Duraid Madina duraid at octopus.com.au
Mon Jun 28 00:20:18 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I just read Philipp Lehman's "The Font Installation Guide" and it was
very helpful - for the first time, I could get some Postscript fonts I
had bought a long time ago to work with LaTeX.

Well, I have just one last question. I have a monospaced font which
works OK: I can install it using a file pcr-drv.tex which reads:

\input fontinst.sty
\recordtransforms{pcr-rec.tex}
\latinfamily{pcr}{}
\endrecordtransforms
\bye

(The font isn't really Courier but renaming the PFBs/AFMs, it seems to
"just work".)

However, the font is a bit too wide. I would like to fake a condensed
version by using the fontinst command \xscalefont{850}{} . However, I
don't know how to use this command. Does it belong in pcr-drv.tex? Or in
another place?

If anyone could give me some simple instructions as to how to use this
command, it would be much appreciated!

     Many thanks in advance,

     Duraid