[Fontinst] extension of \etxtoenc

Werner LEMBERG wl at gnu.org
Fri Jun 25 07:34:19 CEST 2004

> The way \setnotglyph works is very much a compromise. The basic
> argument is that \setnotglyph{bar}...  should _not_ set the 'bar'
> glyph because the next base font may contain a
> \setrawglyph{bar}...  This is very important with large fonts, where
> a single base font encoding might not be enough to cover all
> available glyphs, and one thus have to use several.

OK.  With other words, \setnotglyph isn't needed if there is a single
input font, or more specific, it isn't needed if only a PL file is
built (as I actually do -- pdftex currently doesn't support the
`ToUnicode' feature for virtual fonts).

IMHO this is worth being mentioned in the manual.

Thanks for the explanation.

    Werner