[Fontinst] adding bold small caps to an expert font set?

J P Blevins jpb39 at cam.ac.uk
Sat May 15 23:29:39 CEST 2004

Hi,

Is there any straightforward way to add the bold small caps font from a
BoldOSF(Expert) font to a virtual font containing a basic expert set
that contains only roman small caps characters?

I have set up an expert set with hanging figures for Bembo, using the
basic set, the expert set and the extrabold set for bold extended. There
is no oblique font (nor any good substitute, as far as I can tell), so
the obliques have to be faked. But there *is* a bold small caps font in
the BoldOSF sets. I would be grateful if anyone could suggest a simple
way to add these fonts to an expert family, since solutions like adding
the font (pbbbj8r) before the default 'newlatin' below didn't work:

\installfont{pbbbc9e}{pbbb8r,pbbb8x,newlatin}{t1c}{T1}{pbbx}{b}{sc}{}

Thanks,

-Jim