[Fontinst] Fontinst Problem ?

Lars Hellström Lars.Hellstrom at math.umu.se
Fri Dec 12 14:31:44 CET 2003

At 21.22 +0100 2003-12-11, xavier roguiez wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I've got the following problem using Fontinst with the charter font for sample
>
>If i used pdflatex

It's usually slightly better to use plain tex for fontinst, since that
leaves more memory available for fontinst macros and data, but that's not
what is causing the problem here.

>to generate the following code, i got the following errors
[snip]
>This is e-TeXk, Version 3.141592-2.1 (Web2c 7.5.2)

The problem is that you're using an e-TeX. There is a bug, which in fact
was discovered only earlier this week, in fontinst v1.926 that prevents
using it with e-TeX. See the thread "eTeX and fontinst -- incompatible?" on
this list. I've fixed it in my sources, but for the time being your easiest
solution is probably to simply avoid using e-TeX.