[Fontinst] problem with 8y.etx

Paul Pichaureau paulp at nerim.net
Wed Dec 10 16:49:56 CET 2003

  I'm trying to use the 8y.etx file (texnansi encoding vector).

  I am very surprised  to find the command

     \ifdirect

in many place. This command seems to be undocumented. I found no
information in the source neither in the 'regular' documentation.

Can someone explain the purpose and the usage of this command ?

My exact problem is when I try to reencode a font:

 \transformfont{putr8y}{\reencodefont{8y}{\fromafm{putr8a}}}

I obtain an uncorrect putr8y.mtx file: many char are in a wrong slot.

It seems that each time a \ifdirect is read in the *.etx file a slot
is automatically added.

I don't know if i'm clear, but I will appreciate any information about
\ifdirect.

Thanks a lot.

--
 Paul Pichaureau                    http://paulp.nerim.net