[Fontinst] trouble with LY1encoding

Lars Hellström Lars.Hellstrom at math.umu.se
Mon Dec 8 16:39:57 CET 2003

At 14.18 +0100 2003-12-08, Walter Schmidt wrote:
>Hi,
>
>when trying to install ly1-encoded fonts using fontinst 1.926,
>I got strange results:  Any metrics file created by \installrawfont
>would inherit the kerning pairs of all fonts installed before.
>Furthermore, the log file ended with:
>
>  (\end occurred inside a group at level 4)

Yes, opening more groups than were closed would have the effect of not
clearing the metric data from the previous font. That seems to be the root
of the problems.

Having done some testing on the files you posted, I have narrowed the bug
down to the phase of \etx_to_pl that writes the LIGKERN table. It is
possible that there is some bug there which only shows up for encodings
with repeated glyphs, but so far the bug remains uncaught.