[Fontinst] Encoding inconsistency?

Ulrich Dirr ud at art-satz.de
Wed Dec 3 10:30:48 CET 2003

Hi,

while experimenting with OpenType fonts I came across some
inconsistencies in encoding files.

I have used cm-super-t1.enc as I did not find a t1.enc (what is the
canonic t1 encoding file? Cork.enc?).

When compared with t1.etx I have found the following differences
/endash       /rangedash
/emdash       /punctdash
/compwordmark /afii61664
/uni2423      /visiblespace % and in cork.enc it's /visualspace
/hyphen.alt   /hyphenchar
/Ng           /Eng          % Adobe Eng;014A
/Tcedilla     /Tcommaaccent % Adobe both Tcedilla;0162
Tcommaaccent;0162
/dcroat       /dbar         % dcroat;0111 in Adobe's glyphlist.txt
/ng           /eng          % Adobe eng;014B
/tcedilla     /tcommaaccent % Adobe both tcedilla;0163
tcommaaccent;0163
/Germandbls   /SS           % not in Adobe's glyph list

Best regards,
Ulrich Dirr