[Fontinst] Re: fointinst 1.916

Lars Hellström Lars.Hellstrom at math.umu.se
Thu Jul 10 15:47:13 CEST 2003

At 13.57 +0200 2003-07-09, Walter Schmidt wrote:
>Hi,
>
>the fontinst release in the CTAN directory fontinst-prerelease
>cannot be used without external patches.  To put an end to this
>unsatisfying situation, I have included the patches #3 and #4
>and the recent patch re. csc2x.tex the into the sources and
>collected all .mtx and .etx files, that were updated recently.
>Thus, we have a self-contained
>
>          Fontinst 1.916
>
>now.  The file
>
>  <http://home.vr-web.de/was/x/fontinst-prerelease.zip>
>
>includes all changes over the distribution on CTAN.  Please,
>take a look and tell me whether this is ok; if yes, I will
>upload it to CTAN.

I fear it would be rather confusing, for a number of reasons:

(i) There is already a fontinst v1.924 (or thereabout) available on the
'net, at http://abel.math.umu.se/~lars/fontinst/. As you may recall, I
posted a note about it on this list 2003/02/25.

(ii) I am in fact putting the finishing touches on a new proper fontinst
release (v1.926). This includes your updates of ETX and MTX files (unless
you've done some more after March) and a few more (yesterday I finally
wrote a Euro fake for TS1 fonts).

Right now, Monday seems the most likely upload date.