[Fontinst] ITC Garamond Condensed

Sebastian Ahrens ahrens at geniusbytes.com
Fri Jun 27 15:36:26 CEST 2003

Am Freitag, 27.06.03, um 14:04 Uhr (Europe/Berlin) schrieb Albert
Kapune:

>> I just received my copy of ITC Garamond Condensed today and jjust
>> wanted to make shure that nobody already made these fonts acessible
>> under TeX. If one of you guru's out there could provide me some files
>> or hints I would definetly appreciate this.
>
> TeX under which OS? Under Linux it is "quite" simple thanks to bash –
> read fontinst.dvi/pdf. Under Windows it is more tedious – you should
> check DANTE for the contents of the support/miktex-contrib/fi2t1
> subfolder. There is a guide and a tool to make T1 installation
> easier.
>
> Kind regards,
> Albert (not a guru)

Hi Albert,

thanks for your immediate  reply. Concerning the Os type: OSX and the
whole bunch of  other *nix (Linux, Solaris, AIX, HPUX). Some year ago I
did all the necessary work for the Adobe Garamond including Alternate
and Expert fonts -- with a little help of this list of course; but
since then I not even thought  about fontinst anymore. Therefore before
I'll spend this weekend on getting back into the fontinst and type1 TeX
stuff again I wanted to be sure that there is no ready to use package
out there somehow. Basically I know what to do and I am already
familiar with the way TeX handles type1 fonts, but to be able to do
this work again I have to concentrate on this topic for a week-end and
read a lot of papers once again -- something I would like to cancel if
someone didi it already.

best regards

Sebastian Ahrens
Managing Director