[Fontinst] latest fixes for fontinst 1.914

Walter Schmidt w-a-schmidt at arcor.de
Thu Mar 13 01:12:29 CET 2003

Hi,

despite Lars' latest experimental fontinst release,
I'm still using 1.914 as my production environmrnt,
and I sppose I'm not the only one to do so.

I have finally collected the fixes I have suggested
in the last weeks, and I have updated 8r.etx so as to
reflect the recent additions to the TeXBase1 encoding
(see the thread "Updated 8r for testing" on the texfonts
list and <http://tug.org/fontname/8r.enc>).

In detail:

8r.etx:
  added MacRoman characters; particularly the Omega
  is useful when making a textcompanion font

latin.mtx:
  asterisk is vertically centered in monospaced fonts;
  improved zdotaccent

latinsc.mtx:
  asterisk is vertically centered in monospaced fonts

textcomp.mtx:
  \textasteriskcentered is always vertically centered

The files are available from

  <http://home.vr-web.de/was/x/fontinst-1.914/>

Q:  Does it still make sense to take this to CTAN?

Greetings
Walter