[Fontinst] letterspacing

Philipp Lehman lehman@gmx.net
Tue, 31 Dec 2002 18:17:39 +0100

On Tuesday 31 December 2002 17:44, Walter Schmidt wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Dec 2002 16:32:01 +0100, Philipp Lehman wrote:
> >He could put \setint{letterspacing}{...} in the driver and use the
>
> better use \resetint !
>
> >regular t1.etx as well, couldn't he?
>
> In theory, yes, but it failed for unknown reasons
> when I tried it once.  Maybe I just made a mistake
> elsewhere.

I seem to recall some problems with that as well. IIRC, \resetint must
be given before \installfonts or prefixed with \global. It's been
some time, though, and I could be wrong.

I think I ran into this problem in the past when trying to reset
"smallcapsscale" on the fly (i.e. inside the installfonts
environment) to fine-tune it for different weights.

I'd appreciate any insights on this topic.

--
Philipp Lehman  <lehman@gmx.net>