Titling fonts

Walter Schmidt was@vr-web.de
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 18:37:47 +0200

On Thu, 25 Jul 2002 01:11:48 +1000, Adrian Heathcote wrote:

>So, are you saying that the encoding shouldn't be 8a?

The file name does not matter, if long as you write your
own \installfont commands.  Just regard "8a" as a synonym
for "not reencoded".

>(I knew that the font only contained capitals---that was all I wanted
from it).

I'm sorry, your original posting did not imply this.

>What does this mean for the installation procedure?

First approach:  Create a VF that takes the capitals
from the titling font and the rest from the regular one.

  \transformfont{padr8r}{\reencodefont{8r}{\fromafm{padr8a}}}
  \transformfont{padd8r}{\reencodefont{8r}{\fromafm{padd8a}}}
  \installfont{padd8t}{padd8r,padr8r,latin}...

Then modify the existing .fd file, so that this VF is used
above a certain font size.

Of course, this requires the titling font to match the
regular lowercase letters.  I don't know whether this is
true; maybe the font was made for all-caps usage only.

--
Walter