need some guru's help

Lars Hellström Lars.Hellstrom@math.umu.se
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 23:40:23 +0200

At 13.36 +0200 2002-07-03, Sebastian Ahrens wrote:
>Hi Lars,
>
>Thanks for your kind help,

Which you appearently repay by posting a large (>200Kb) file to a mailing
list. I AM NOT AMUSED, and yes, I AM SHOUTING!

>Still there are no ligatures to be seen although the vpl now has a propper
>entry for it:

Well, then it isn't with fontinst something is wrong, but somewhere else in
your set-up. Turn on all font-related tracing you can, and read pdfTeX's
log files carefully.

>But why are the oldstyle digits not found when it comes to italic fonts?
>
>(\installfont{padbi9d}{padbi8r,padbi8x,latin}{T1}{T1}{padj}{b}{it}{} gets
>the normal roman instead of oldstyle digits)

? You _are_ saying you want lining digits (argument #3 is t1, not t1j).
Then what is your problem?

>I also attached my pad.map, maybe the problem with the ligs is there.

Usually it is, but the padr8x entry seems OK. A couple of the others are
bad though.

>padr8r AGaramond-Regular  " TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont " <8r.enc
><padr8a.pfb
>padrij8r AGaramond-Italic  " TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont " <8r.enc
><padrij8a.pfb

padrij is AGaramond-ItalicOsF, not AGaramond-Italic.

>padbj8r AGaramond-Bold  " TeXBase1Encoding ReEncodeFont " <8r.enc
><padbj8a.pfb

That should be AGaramond-BoldOsF, and so on for the other *j* fonts.

A common error is that your ls-R file isn't up to date. Another common
error is that the driver isn't reading the files that you think it is. We
have no way of tracing down the error for you; you'll have to do that
yourself.

Lars Hellström