Success story

Joachim Trinkwitz jtr@uni-bonn.de
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 23:35:12 +0200

Karsten Tinnefeld <tinne@ls2.cs.uni-dortmund.de> writes:

> I had the same problem with some softmaker fonts I did. Here is my
> installation tool hack.  The helper file fi-catcodes helps with
> fontinst customizations, fi-softmaker does the customization you were
> interested in and fi-proof helps with the proof tables.
> 5bbj is an example translation file, where 5bbjproof produces the font
> tables for verification of the translated font, the Softmaker Bembo
> clone called Bergamo.

Great, thanks for all this pretty stuff, I shall tinker with it
tomorrow.

Just being curious, why did you choose "5" for the supplier (given
that the softmaker fonts are coming from URW I put a "u" in front of
them)?

BTW, my fonts are from a CD-ROM in Sean Cavanaugh's book Type Design.
According to the AFM files the copyright is by URW & SoftMaker, but
there is a comment "Generated using Fontographer 4.1 and SeanTools" --
I wonder what he has done to the fonts. Any comments regarding the
quality of this stuff are welcome.

Greetings and thanks,
joachim

--
          Dr. Joachim Trinkwitz              email: jtr@uni-bonn.de
         Germanistisches Seminar             phone: 0228-737565