Sample fontinst.rc

Yates, Michael Michael_Yates@greywest.com
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 07:18:58 +0200

I am a novice (very rote) user of fontinst.  I understand that fontinst.rc
can be used to control the shapes made by \latinfamily, but I can't figure
out how to use fontinst.rc to do this. Does the file require some special
header info, does it end with a \bye? All of my attempts have produced
extensive error messages way over my head and no output.

This is what I've tried (just as it is here -- no header or footer):

\def\latin_shapes{
	\latin_shape{}{}{n}{}%
	\latin_shape{c}{c}{sc}{}%
	\latin_shape{i}{i}{it}{}%
}

It would be very useful if someone could post or steer me to a complete
fontinst.rc file, more useful if it was commented, and perfect if it showed
how to tell \latinfamily not to fake any font shapes (i.e. to make fonts
only for those afm's actually present.)

Any help will be much appreciated.

Michael Yates