fontinst catcodes

Thierry Bouche Thierry.Bouche@ujf-grenoble.fr
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 02:23:13 -0400

 >Well, that is what the fontinst.rc is designed for, no?

 Not quite. The example Karsten gave was of things which you probably want
 to adjust specially for every font family, whereas the fontinst.rc file is
 more for things you change much less frequently.

depends whether you consider fontinst.rc as a global patch file, or as
a local configuration file: my way of using it is  to have a global
one only if needed, and one in the working directory for specific
works (like pdftex.cfg or hyperref.cfg, e.g.). I agree though that
this yields sometimes surprises...

Thierry Bouche, Grenoble.