fontinst catcodes

Thierry Bouche Thierry.Bouche@ujf-grenoble.fr
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 02:23:13 -0400

» >Well, that is what the fontinst.rc is designed for, no?
»
» Not quite. The example Karsten gave was of things which you probably want
» to adjust specially for every font family, whereas the fontinst.rc file is
» more for things you change much less frequently.

depends whether you consider fontinst.rc as a global patch file, or as
a local configuration file: my way of using it is  to have a global
one only if needed, and one in the working directory for specific
works (like pdftex.cfg or hyperref.cfg, e.g.). I agree though that
this yields sometimes surprises...

Thierry Bouche, Grenoble.