Some recent developments

Thierry Bouche Thierry.Bouche@ujf-grenoble.fr
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 06:03:02 -0500

» Finally a question: I know some people have written to this
» list about y-scaling a font (\yscalefont). Could someone
» explain to me how you got the driver to do this transform?

I've always used xscaling + isotropic scaling in order to achieve
this. I wonder whether fontinst could do the computations itself
(yscalefont would be equivalent to xscalefont+modifying the
designsize, e.g.?)

» Also, I have the impression that this transform isn't
» supported by most drivers. Does anyone have a different
» opinion on this?

At least dvips & pdftex don't -- the only ones I know of.
Thierry Bouche, Grenoble.
__
  « Ils vivent pour vivre, et nous, hélas ! nous vivons pour savoir. »
				Charles Baudelaire, Paris.