fontinst bug(s) ?

Walter Schmidt walter.schmidt@arcormail.de
Sun, 23 Jan 2000 13:51:14 -0500

On Sun, 23 Jan 2000 18:42:35 +0100, jfm wrote:

>This is a log from running vftovp over the vf's generated
>_ via \latinfamily, fontinst 1.910 and vptovf _
>[...]
>Bad VF file: Oversize dimension has been reset to zero.

Looks like you have produced the vf's using vptovf 1.4.
This version has a bug, which caused large negative
dimensions to be written into the vf, when there should
actually be a value of zero.   The above log from vftovp
is typical for that problem,

Most programs ignore the negative widths and treat them
as 0, so this was never an important issue.  Yet, the bug
has been fixed with vptovf 1.5.

BTW:  The vf's in my PSNFSS beta distribution have been made
using the fixed vptovf 1.5!

--
Walter