fontinst v1.910 patch 1

Rolf Marvin Bøe Lindgren r.m.b.lindgren@usit.uio.no
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 13:01:46 -0500

[Lars Hellström]

| As Rolf Lindgren noticed, reglyphing metrics generated from AFMs which have
| CC commands in them doesn't work quite right. Adding the code below to your
| fontinst.rc file will correct that bug. This applies to fontinst v1.9.

slowly getting there...

If I now say

        \newcommand\rmdefault{psbj}

I get oldstyle Arabic numerals, except for the number 8.  and there's
trouble with Italics.  I get the following error messages when running
\latinfamily{psbj} (I do the reencoding stuff first):

INFO> run \transformfont  <psbro8x> from <psbr8x> (faking oblique)
Faking oblique font psbro8x from psbr8x
(psbr8x.mtx
! Undefined control sequence.
l.539    \glyphppc
                  {A}{0}{0}
?
! Undefined control sequence.
l.540    \glyphppc
                  {Acutesmall}{285}{193}
?
! Undefined control sequence.
l.544    \glyphppc
                  {A}{0}{0}
? s
OK, entering \scrollmode...
! Undefined control sequence.
l.545    \glyphppc
                  {Circumflexsmall}{222}{193}
The control sequence at the end of the top line
of your error message was never \def'ed. If you have
misspelled it (e.g., `\hobx'), type `I' and the correct
spelling (e.g., `I\hbox'). Otherwise just continue,
and I'll forget about whatever was undefined.

! Undefined control sequence.
l.549    \glyphppc
                  {A}{0}{0}
The control sequence at the end of the top line
of your error message was never \def'ed. If you have
misspelled it (e.g., `\hobx'), type `I' and the correct
spelling (e.g., `I\hbox'). Otherwise just continue,
and I'll forget about whatever was undefined.
I say `s' to TeX, to make TeX complete its run as well it might.

I have the following afms:

psbb8a.afm
psbbi8a.afm
psbbij8a.afm
psbbj8a.afm
psbr8a.afm
psbrc8a.afm
psbri8a.afm
psbrij8a.afm

don't know if this is significant, and, er, while we're at it:
I'd like to use the italic ampersand by default - is this easy to
achieve?

--
Rolf Lindgren
roffe@tag.uio.no