Bitstream's Italics

Walter Schmidt walter.schmidt@arcormail.de
Wed, 1 Sep 1999 05:32:07 -0400

Hi,

having installed various typeface families from the "Bitstream 500"
CD-ROM for use with LaTeX, I have observed a weird behaviour of
these fonts:

The letters from the italic font shapes protrude a little bit
to the left of their reference points, i.e., with

\raggedright
Hello\\
\textit{Hello}

the second line will protrude somewhat into the left margin.

Is this kind of "built-in optical margin justification",  or
did I make a mistake?  I have installed most of the fonts
by just using \latinfamily.  With, e.g., Adobe Helvetica, the
problem does not occur..

Thanks for any enlightenment

Walter
--
Walter Schmidt <walter.schmidt@arcormail.de>
Schornbaumstrasse 2,  91052 Erlangen,  Germany