novice seeks help with Bitstream font

Peter Harmand harmand@math.uni-oldenburg.de
Fri, 25 Sep 1998 12:40:31 MET-1

> bitstream fonts have lots of kern pairs, which exhaust your poor
> little tex. You should use some bigger tex, [...]
htex386 from emTeX is not a poor little tex! It allows changing of the
memory layout. The critical part here is the save size. This can be
increased up to 16000 with htex386 (which, I believe, is more than in
tetex 0.4); however, putting -ms2000 was always enough for my working
with fontinst. See the TeXbook and the file tex.doc in the emtex-
distribution for more details.

Best regards,
Peter

P.S. However, to use all the goodies around fontinst, you will sooner or
later move to some UNIX-based tex.