questions & comments

Hilmar Schlegel Hilmar Schlegel <hshlgaii@mailszrz.zrz.tu-berlin.de>
Wed, 08 Jul 1998 03:39:27 -0400

Thierry Bouche wrote:

> »  No one needs an "uppercase" sharp s.
>
> you mean you never say \section{Gau\ss} and expect to get GAUSS in
> headings?

Do you see an "upper case" sz in GAUSS? I see only in the extreme case
an upper case long-s and final-s there.... ;-)

Seriously, no you don't need a "SS" character for doing the example
exactly as your intention is - that was actually the message ;-) Aside
from this it is really funny to find that authors who set Gau\ss
correctly are hard to find - usually they write Gauss anyway.
BTW, his signature was written "Gau long-s final-s" - of course not
*every* font provides these...

Hilmar Schlegel

mailto:hshlgaii@mailszrz.zrz.TU-Berlin.DE?Subject=Mail response