fontinst-1.8 pre-release

Ulrik Vieth vieth@thphy.uni-duesseldorf.de
Fri, 12 Jun 1998 16:07:36 +0200

I wrote:

> The new fontinst-1.8, on which I have been the last two weeks, is
> almost ready for release now.  I'm not sure if it is completely ready
> to replace the old versions on CTAN yet, but if you want to try it,
> you find it at
>
>   http://www.thphy.uni-duesseldorf.de/~vieth/src/fontinst-1.8.tar.gz

It appears that I should have tested it a little better before
pushing it out since I already found a few trivial bugs.

* fontinst.sty:  Somehow the identification stuff ended up before
  the catcode assignments needed for IniTeX, so the present
  version will only with LaTeX or Plain, but not with IniTeX.

* ot1.etx: Somehow a \relax got lost before \documentclass while
  touching up the file header, so fontinst will get confused by
  some of the material it is supposed to ignore.

Expect another release after the weekend, but until then you might
try it out anyway if you like.

Cheers, Ulrik.