Fontinst modifications

Rebecca and Rowland rebecca@astrid.u-net.com
Fri, 5 Jun 1998 16:03:43 +0100

>Rebecca wrote:
>
>> Erm.  Well, I suggest I do a quick modification of the source code
>> for this version of the documentation, modify it so you don't need
>> PS founts (maybe keeping the PS stuff as an option - the front page
>> pikky is quite nice), add a few bits that seem useful (I was
>> thinking of just cutting and pasting from the documentation I'm
>> writing) and upload the result to CTAN.
>
>I think it would be nice to put into some sort of `standard' format,
>such as \documentclass{ltxguide}.  This would make it possible to use
>the same markup for syntax describtions as in latex/base/fntguide.tex.
>In addition, the NEWfeature and NEWdescription tags would be nice.

Okay.  I'll use the ltxguide class and see how it goes.

>> I suggest this as the destination for the first version:
>>
>> fonts/psfonts/tools/finst/doc/
>
>Hmm, I don't think it is a good idea to put all the stuff under tools,
>I'd rather like to reuse
>
>  fonts/utilities/fontinst/doc
>	                  /inputs
>	                  /source
>                          /examples
>
>and copy only the relevant files generated by docstrip to tools/finst.

This is a good idea for the future; I was thinking about the immediate
first destination.  Maybe when you've got the dtx file finished it should
all be put in the sensible directories you suggest?

>> Sine Ulrik is interested in the documentation too, and given that
>> I've already written quite a lot, I suspect it makes most sense for
>> now for me to add bits and Ulrik send any modifications he thinks
>> are sensible to me to include.
>
>Agreed.  I'll look over it, and see what needs to be changed or added.

Right - I'll try and get something to you early next week.

Rowland.