Behaviour of \latinfamily

Ulrik Vieth vieth@thphy.uni-duesseldorf.de
Fri, 29 May 1998 14:29:03 +0200

> Concernant « Re: Behaviour of \latinfamily », Ulrik Vieth écrit : «
> » > unless i am going mad, XXXXc8a files with small caps wont be used by
> » > fontinst. its a sort of bug.
> »
> » I think they _are_ used, as they should, if they are named correctly.

> i think you have yet another version of finst?

No, it's the current (1.6) CTAN version.  I only hacked the mapping of
weight codes and added another level of complication for 8r-encoded
AFM files, but I didn't touch \latin_shapes and shape faking code.

If a real small caps font exists, it is used.  If not, it is faked.
That's the way it is.

Cheers, Ulrik.