[tex-k] bibtex in texshop behavior

Daniel Mazur mazur at anl.gov
Thu Apr 20 03:40:22 CEST 2006

Hi,

I am using BibTeX 0.99c in the TeXShop 1.43 package. I found that
en-route from xyz.bib to xyz.bbl (typesetting with BibTeX option in
TeXShop) there is a change in capitalization, i.e. abbreviations like
CMR, LSMO and chemical names in math environment like
$Tl_2Ba_2CaCu_2O_8$ have all capital letters changed to lowercase: cmr,
lsmo, $tl_2ba_2cacu_2o_8$. The only time, when the de-capitalization did
not take place was when I wrote $\mathrm{$Tl_2Ba_2CaCu_2O_8$}.

The unix terminal --options of the 'bibtex' command don't address
formatting. Where should I look to find out, how to preserve
capitalization by default?

Thank you all for any answer.
Daniel Mazur

--