Succeeded (Re: Newbie question)

I renamed all the files to use the "8a" encoding and everything works
perfect for one family. Many, many thanks and appologies for not
seeing this question already answered to the list (as some pointed out).

Two little questions still remain:

1) Is it possible to automate the fontinst process (i.e. as part of a shell
script) for several families ?. Again, i have a 'fontinst' script but
i cannot figure if/how to use it part of a shell script

2) As i asked in my original mail, is there a tool (i.e. other than
fontinst)  to create the font descripiton files (.fd) ?

Many many thanks once again,

Florian.